Friday, January 9, 2009

How am I spending my Holidays?

This is my kidney stone, my kids all said it looks like the planet Mars?... What do you think?
Yeah, this was fun! As many of my friends and family know my body likes to make kidney stones!!! So just a few weeks before Christmas I found out that I had a 5 mm kidney stone in my right kidney (doctor says it was the size of a tic tac!) Anyway, they had me check into the hospital and they blasted it with a laser and then" joy to the world"(not really) I got to wear a stint for a week and a half after that. It made me feel like I had to go to the bathroom 24-7. Long story short I was very uncomfortable (to say the least) until they pulled that stint out of me. Good news that stone is gone, bad news, I still have 2 very small stones in my left kidney (around 1 or 2 mm) Doctor says we watch and wait. Yes you heard right, essentially we watch and wait for them to grow and see if they decide to drop out of the kidney before they turn into 5,6,0r 7 mm stones...OUCH! I've been doing tons of cranberry juice and lemon juice in my water hoping to flood those things out of there. We'll see how long I can keep it up!

1 comment:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Lisa,
I am so sorry to hear about this. OUCH! You are a tough lady.I would tell them to just put me out and take the kidney. JK
Hope you are doing better. I am a little late reading this like way late. he he
Hugs, Bobbi Jo